Today, Anglia Ruskin is an innovative global university. Students from 177 countries gain qualifications with us in four continents. Each year, we also help some 2,000 businesses to grow quicker and partner with organisations to deliver a spectrum of educational and commercial projects.
We pride ourselves on being as enterprising as we are innovative and nurture those qualities in our students. That, and our sheer can-do attitude, set us apart. We find that enthusiasm is infectious, letting the results speak for themselves.
• We are the only UK university to be named global ‘rising star’.*
• Our students rate us highly for teaching, personal development and assessment and feedback.**
• 92% of our students agree our lecturers are good at explaining things and 91% of students say our lecturers are enthusiastic – rating us highly for the third successive year.**
• We were named the UK Entrepreneurial University of the Year at the Times Higher Education (THE) Awards 2014.
• Students, businesses and partners benefit from our outstanding facilities; we’ve invested £100 million over the last five years and plan to invest a further £91 million over the next five years.
• Many of our courses are recognised by industry. A large number are professionally accredited.
• Businesses come back to us for interns, training, research and collaborative programmes.
• Our academic excellence has been recognised by the UK’s Higher Education funding bodies, with 12 areas classed as generating world-leading research. We deliver impactful research which tackles pressing issues and makes a difference to all our lives, from saving lives to conserving water.***
• We’re a lead partner in visionary initiatives, including the Anglia Ruskin MedTech Campus, which will be one of the world’s largest health innovation spaces.
• Our facilities, activities and events are open to the wider community.
Campus andd student life
As well as Cambridge, we have campuses in Chelmsford, London and Peterborough. Our Chelmsford campus was originally in the city centre but moved to a new, purpose-built site in 1992. Today, you’ll find our striking, modern buildings nestled by the river in the city’s University and Innovation Quarter. Meanwhile, our campus at Guild House, Peterborough opened in 2011. It’s a dedicated healthcare site where we train many of our region’s nurses and healthcare professionals.
In 2015 we were pleased to introduce a new campus in the heart of London, where students study subjects including business, law and finance at undergraduate and postgraduate level.
Anglia Ruskin’s story starts in 1858, when the art critic, patron and philanthropist John Ruskin opened Cambridge School of Art. The art school grew to become Anglia Ruskin University, and it’s still at the heart of our modern-day campus in Cambridge.
Over the years, a number of colleges and institutes have become part of Anglia Ruskin. They include the Cambridgeshire College of Arts and Technology (CCAT) and the Essex Institute of Higher Education (formerly the Chelmer Institute – itself formed from the Mid-Essex Technical College and the Brentwood College of Education). At first, these colleges combined to become Anglia Polytechnic, and then Anglia Polytechnic University in 1992. We’ve been known as Anglia Ruskin University since 2005.
Nume: HEALTH AND SOCIAL CARE - BSC (HONS)
Strada Buzesti Nr. 71